What users say
- Jutoh supports paragraph and text formatting.
You can add custom paragraph styles to the built-in styles,
and you can specify custom CSS for each style (or the whole style sheet) if required.
- Multiple format export
- Jutoh exports to Epub, Mobipocket (if the kindlegen application is available), ODT, HTML, and text.
- HTML, text, DOCX, ODT, and Epub import
- Jutoh imports from a range of formats. Using an application such as OpenOffice.org, your existing word processor files
can be saved in ODT (Open Document Format) for import into Jutoh. Or you can import from DOCX, plain text, HTML, or an existing Epub ebook. (Note that complex CSS style definitions may not be preserved when importing from
HTML or Epub.)
- 'Configurations' allow extensive customisation
- Jutoh's configuration facility allows you to define a version of your book that has its own cover, style sheet, and even variations in content
(such as a title page with text specific to a web site or publisher).
- Cover designer
- Jutoh's cover designer lets you quickly create a simple cover design for your book, and
a number of templates are provided. You can change the layout of a design and add more text
and pictures; keywords in the design are updated automatically from the book's metadata.
- Table of Contents Wizard
By default, Jutoh can create a simple table of contents from
chapter titles, without intervention.
If you need finer control of your table of contents,
Jutoh has a wizard to make it easy for you to build the contents page
based on the styles of the headings in your book. You have control over the entries in the book,
and can add new links by hand if required.
- Alphabetical Indexes
Import your index entries from DOCX or ODT, or insert them by hand, and Jutoh will create a multi-level alphabetical index in seconds.
Great for non-fiction authors.
- Footnotes and endnotes
Jutoh supports footnotes embedded throughout the document, and can add them to the end of chapters or create a separate endnotes page.
Footnotes are supported in DOCX and ODT import.
- Jutoh lets you customise automatic replacements (for example, replacing (c) with ©) and
also does automatic quotation replacement.
- Built-in Epub error checker and debug window
- Jutoh includes Adobe's EpubCheck, a button click away. If there are errors
in the generated file, errors will be shown in context using Jutoh's source viewer.
The source viewer supports search within a document and you can go to a specific line.
You can also use the viewer to examine other Epub files, not just ones generated
- Configurable ebook launching
- You need to check that your book looks good on a variety of
ebook platforms. Jutoh lets you add viewer applications so you can easily choose the desired ebook reader for viewing your generated book.
- Spelling checker
- Check for typos with the built-in spellchecker, available
in a number of languages.
- Customisable keyboard shortcuts for high-speed editing
- Use keyboard shortcuts to make editing your projects fast and natural; choose shortcuts to assign to your favourite commands
and formatting styles.
- Online Manual
- The comprehensive online manual documents all aspects of Jutoh.
- Help window
- The help window allows you to browse Jutoh manuals from within
Jutoh, side-by-side with your work. You can maximize it to take up the whole window while reading a topic,
or unpin it to show it in a window of its own.
- Scraps facility
- You can keep your research and random ideas: notes, pictures,
and document and web links. On Windows, use auto-paste to quickly paste scraps by copying text,
graphics or web links twice in succession in any other application.
- Access to tools and applications is available
via the Jutoh Desktop. You can customize the desktop look,
add your favourite applications and documents, and create text and picture notes.
You can even create a rolling slideshow of pictures to inspire you.
- USB memory key support
- Jutoh has superb support for external drives, such as USB memory keys.
You can use an external drive for your documents and for all your Jutoh preferences,
and you can even install Jutoh entirely onto the drive for complete
portability. You can then switch between different machines and operating systems,
taking all your documents and settings with you.
- Backup Facility
- The File Manager tool gives you an easy way to back up your
precious files, without resorting to an additional tool.
Specify File Sets that include all files of a given
type, and create a backup with just a few clicks. You can
also easily restore files from a backup archive.
- A global search tool helps you search all your open documents, allowing you
to see all the search results in a list and step through them.
- Shows your image and collage scraps in succession,
in a window or full-screen.
- Specify editor font styles and sizes; and brighten
up window backgrounds with the supplied textures, or your own.
Back to the top